Rules for layouts of exercises and written work in English.
Provide students with a model layout for written work and class exercises in order to improve their formal written skills.
- Always use white paper, except when the subject requires a different type of paper.
- Margins: left (wider) and right, upper and lower.
- Always state your full name, subject, group and title.
Handwriting and tidiness:
- Use either black or blue ink, but NO pencil.
- Your handwriting must be readable and neat.
- Check your spelling.
- Avoid blots and smudges. Just cross out. Do not overuse 'typex’.
Lines and Paragraphs:
- Horizontal lines
- Gaps between paragraphs must be wider than between lines.
- Paragraph beginnings must be indented.
- Use underlining moderately and always in the same colour.
- The titles of the books must be underlined and quotations withinverted commas.
- They must include cover, index and bibliography.
- Pages must be numbered.
- Sheets must be either stapled or clipped, or inserted in a plastic file.